History and Culture A _ 2012-2013

A class blog Patricia Bou. English Studies. UV

Sunday 30 September 2012


This is me in Ireland. These are the famous Cliffs of Moher. The landscape is extremely breathtaking. The first time I gazed at it I was really impressed, I was rendered absolutely speechless. I had never seen such a stunning view. I was very lucky because of the weather we enjoyed that same day. It was a sunny day, the air was fresh and we could see a really clear sky. My two cousins and I had a nice day and took pleasure in the immensity of the Cliffs of Moher. Everybody should contemplate the magnificence of the landscape and get the opportunity to breathe pure air. 



SOME INFORMATION ABOUT THE CLIFFS OF MOHER

The Cliffs of Moher are one of Ireland's top Visitor attractions and are a designated UNESCO Geo Park. The Cliffs are 214m high at the highest point and range for 8 kilometres over the Atlantic Ocean on the western seaboard of County Clare. The Cliffs of Moher take their name from a ruined promontory fort “Mothar” which was demolished during the Napoleonic wars to make room for a signal tower.

O'Brien's Tower stands proudly on a headland of the majestic Cliffs commanding views south towards Hags Head and north towards Doolin. The Tower was built in 1835 by Cornelius O' Brien, a descendant of Brian Boru. 

The Cliffs of Moher are home to one of the major colonies of cliff nesting seabirds in Ireland: we can find Atlantic Puffins, Razorbills, Choughs or the Common gulls.


WEBLOGRAPHY

A VIDEO ABOUT THE CLIFFS OF MOHER
I would also like to show you this video from youtube:

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home