- Capital city : Augusta
- US Region: North East
- Maine is bordered by the Atlantic Ocean to the East and South, New Hampshire to the West, and the Canadian provinces of Quebec to the North West and New Brunswick to the North East. Maine is both the northernmost and the easternmost portion of New England.
- Flag: 'The State coat of arms' is placed on a blue field. In the center of the shield a moose rests under a tall pine tree. A farmer and seaman represents the work that people did in early times. The North star represents the state motto: 'Dirigo' ('I direct'). This flag was adopted in 1909.
- Flower: Whitepine cone and tassel.
- Motto : 'Dirigo' ('I direct', 'I rule')
- Important cities: Portland, Lewiston, Bangor, South Portland, Auburn, Brunswick, Biddeford, Sanford, Augusta and Scarborough, among others.